Application Requirements / How to Apply
1. Positions are offered only through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
2. Applications are submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
3. The following materials are required for a completed application to be considered:
- Medical School Dean's Letter of Recommendation (MSPE)
- Three Letters of Recommendation from Faculty; may include Chairperson’s letter
- Official Medical School Transcript & USMLE Scores/Comlex Scores
- Personal Statement & CV/Résumé
- Completed ERAS Application
NOTE : IMGs who meet these criteria may apply to our program through ERAS:
- Must be ECFMG-certified at the time of application
- Must score in the 90th percentile on USMLE Step I, II, and III
- Must have obtained a J-1 visa sponsored by ECFMG
- Must have lived one year in the United States
- Must have excellent English verbal and written skills
- Must not be more than 2 years graduated from medical school. If you have been out of medical school for 1-2 years, you must have evidence of ongoing education or clinical experience, e.g., shadowing a physician in the U.S.
- All interviews during the 2020-2021 Recruitment Season will be virtual.
- Applications will be reviewed starting on October 21, 2020 when ERAS opens to programs.
The following materials are required for a completed application
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Three or more letters of recommendation from faculty with whom you have worked. This may include a Chairperson’s letter
- Official Medical School Transcript
USMLE scores and/or COMLEX scores
- Passing Step 1 and Step 2 CK scores are required prior to the rank list certification deadline
- No Step 2 CS is required for the 2021 Match due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Personal Statement
Request for Additional Information
LSU Med/Peds Residency Coordinator
1542 Tulane Avenue, Box T4M-2
New Orleans, LA 70112
The information on this website is subject to change. If you have questions, please contact any of our residents or faculty. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you in New Orleans!