Roy H. Rhodes, MD, PhD
Clinical Professor of Pathology and Neurosurgery
1901 Perdido St.
MEB 5th Floor
New Orleans, LA 70112
University of South Carolina
Board certified in Anatomic and Neuropathology
Brain tumor pathology and classification, and central nervous system infections
Selected Publications and Presentations
1. Rhodes RH, Davis RL, Berne TV, Tatter D. Disseminated toxoplasmosis with brain involvement in a renal allograft recipient. Bull Los Angeles Neurol Soc 1977;42:16‑22.
2. Rhodes RH, Davis RL, Kassel SH, Clague BH. Primary cerebral neuroblastoma: a light and electron microscopic study. Acta Neuropathol (Berl) 1978;41:119‑124.
3. Rhodes RH. Histopathologic features in the central nervous system of 400 acquired immunodeficiency syndrome cases: implications of rates of occurrence. Hum Pathol 1993;24:1189‑1198.
4. Rhodes RH, Cole M, Takaoka Y et al. Intraventricular cerebral neuroblastoma: analysis of subtypes and comparison with hemispheric neuroblastoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med 1994;118:897‑911.
5. Rhodes RH, Monastersky B, Tyagi R, Coyne T. Mycoplasmal cerebral vasculopathy in a lymphoma patient: presumptive evidence of Mycoplasma pneumoniae microvascular endothelial cell invasion in a brain biopsy. J Neurol Sci 2011;309:18-25.
6. Mishra N, Pereira M, Rhodes RH et al. Identification of a novel polyomavirus in a pancreatic transplant recipient with retinal blindness and vasculitic myopathy. J Infect Dis 2014;210:1595-1599. doi:10.1093/infdis/jiu250.