LSU Pediatric Residency Interviews
The interview experience is an integral part of our application process, designed
to provide you with an opportunity to see the workings of our enthusiastic program
first-hand. We will organize your virtual visit in a way that allows you to spend
time with a mixture of our residents and our faculty.
- For the 2023-2024 Recruitment Season, we will be conducting virtual interviews only.
- Applications will be accepted via ERAS and viewed beginning on September 27th.
- Virtual interviews will begin in late October and will extend through early February.
Virtual Interview Experience - What to Expect
Pre-Interview Virtual Social
All applicants are invited to attend a casual social event (via Zoom) on the night
prior to the interview day. Hosted by some of our pediatric residents, this will give
you a chance to meet and interact with our fun, friendly team. A typical favorite
amongst many of our applicants, we hope that this laid-back event gives you a taste
of our program!
The Virtual Interview Day
- Welcome and Introductions with Program Leadership
- Program Directors
- Program Coordinators
- Other LSU Department of Pediatrics Leaders
- Morning Report
- Nuts and Bolts
- Informal, informational session with the Chief Residents
- Learn the ins-and-outs of our program including details about resident schedules, the hospital, health insurance, and more
- Meet the Residents
- Virtual hospital tour
- Casual conversation, Q&A period, etc.
- 3 Virtual Interviews with our LSU Pediatric faculty members
- Virtual Farewell from Program Director
* Interview Platform = Zoom
* The interview day will last approximately 4.5 hours and will include multiple breaks for the applicants.
* Personalized Interview Agendas will be shared with applicants in advance of the interview day.