Commitment to Psychotherapy
Our program has a commitment to training our residents to be able to practice psychotherapy and to value its contributions to mental health. Some of the steps we have taken include
- Our 2nd year residents have a year long psychotherapy clinic with cases primarily in need of supportive therapy.
- Our 3rd year residents receive two hours of individual psychotherapy supervision per week.
- We require 3rd year residents to do a minimum of 150 hours of psychotherapy in their third year and 75 hours in their fourth year.
- All residents have a group therapy experience in their 3rd year
- We have a process group for 3rd and 4th year residents that meets every other week.
- Our didactic curriculum includes seminars in supportive therapy, CBT, psychodynamic therapy, existential therapy, and positive psychology.
- 4th year residents have the option to do a psychotherapy focus in their 4th years.