Well-Being for Physicians and Residents
The well-being of our physicians and their overall physical and mental wellness impacts the care and quality of our learners, our faculty and the patients they serve. We are committed to proving resources and tools that promote and enhance their education, their clinical acumen and their resilience and passion during their residency training. We remain dedicated to providing a culture of support and stability for our clinicians and will continue to work toward enhancing their work/life balance and personal and professional development and success.
Health Club Membership
As a resident within the LSU/University Hospital and Clinics Family, Internal, Sports Medicine and Geriatric Programs, your health and well-being are very important to us. As a way in which to combat any external or internal stressors, the hospital has agreed to pay your membership to MTS Wellness.
MTS Wellness Memberships include access to all outpatient MTS Wellness facilities across Acadiana:
MTS Dulles - 2115 Dulles Dr. Lafayette, LA 70508
MTS Townhouse - 111 Pasa Pl. Lafayette, LA 70503
MTS Breaux Bridge - 1220 N Berard St. STE B Breaux Bridge, LA 70517
MTS Youngsville - 327 Iberia St. STE B Youngsville, LA 70592
In addition, a member has access to over 20 wellness group classes.
Classes Offered: Ab Lab, Balance, Beginner Mat Pilates, Chair Aerobics, Deep Water, Flow Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Mat Pilates, Neurobics, Pump, Qigong, Rev Cycling, Senior Step, Strength & Balance, The Grind, Total Body Burn, Water Aerobics, Zydefit
If you have questions about the MTS Wellness Membership, please contact GME at email@example.com
GME hosts Wellness Events throughout the year aimed at promoting team development, fostering camaraderie and belonging, showing gratitude and supporting well-being.
• Variety of menu options for residents are provided in the cafeteria.
• Stocked faculty lounge and resident call quarters
• Option to schedule a consult with dietary to discuss accommodation requests
Tools and Resources
Complete surveys to assess your work/life balance, mindfulness and discover information and tools to help you promote more wellness within your day--click on the pictures below.
Are you in Crisis?
Crisis Services for Residents and Fellows
- 911 in case of emergency
- Confidential Line for fellows, residents & students: 337-261-6447
- Suicide Prevention: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: Text RELATE to 741741
- Physician Support Line: Physician Support Line is a free and confidential support line service made up of 400+ volunteer psychiatrists, joined together in the determined hope to provide peer support for our physician colleagues as we all navigate the COVID-19 epidemic. Free. Confidential. No appointment necessary. Call 1-888-409-0141 from 8:00 AM to 3 AM EST | www.physiciansupportline.com
- Lafayette Police Department: 337-291-8600
- OUHC Campus Security: 337-261-6026
The LSU University Ombuds Office is a confidential, impartial, independent, and informal process for faculty, staff, medical residents, and graduate and undergraduate students to seek assistance and guidance to resolve barriers to productivity and to increase the quality of their experience at LSU. The Ombuds encourages fairness and equity through issue resolution, communication and outreach, and systemic change and issue prevention identification. Through its mission, the University Ombuds Office helps to further LSU’s commitment to pursuing educational excellence.
University Ombuds serves all campuses.
Retha Niedecken, JD, CO-OP®