The rotations for the Family Medicine Residency Program at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital are designed to provide comprehensive training to the resident-physician in all the medical components necessary to fulfill the broad medical specialty of Family Medicine.
To comply with the guidelines listed by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and to meet the requirements listed in the Special Requirements for Family Practice Residents, the following rotations have been implemented for the LSUHSC Family Medicine Residency Program at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital:
The LSUHSC Family Medicine Residency Program at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital offers an excellent salary and benefits package:
|PGY 1||$44,168||3 weeks||$1,000/yr|
|PGY 2||$45,500||4 weeks||$500/yr & 5 CME days|
|PGY 3||$47,179||5 weeks||$1,500/yr & 5 CME days|
- Housing Allowance - $3,600/year (Paid $300/month)
- Intern Moving Expenses - $1,500
- Licensing Fees Paid:
- USMLE Step 3 - $855
- Louisiana State Medical License/Permit - $100/yr
- Medical Health Insurance Coverage for resident and dependents available at a discounted rate through LCMH.
- Moonlighting is allowed for second- and third-year residents.
- Advanced training
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support
- Lab Coats (two for incoming house officers, one per year thereafter)
- Meals (while on duty)
- Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Membership Dues
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians